During Saturday nights in almost every Jamaican home, the mothers are seasoning the meat for Sunday dinner. If you want your meal to taste as good as theirs, then you have to follow this two step process.
First the ingredients for cooking curry chicken:
- Chicken, you can use a whole chicken or any parts of the chicken
- curry powder
- escallion (green onions)
- seasoning salt
- lime juice
The procedure to follow is as follows:
- Wash the chicken in water and lemon juice, then cut into bite sized chunks.
- Add the onion, green onions, chopped ginger and thyme
- Add the seasoning salt, curry powder, paprika
- Use your hand to mix all the seasoning into the chicken
- Cover and place in refrigerator until the next day.
On Day 2 of this recipe, we will actually cook the chicken after it is nicely marinated.